Give us a call on 01202 625256 if you have any questions about the Norse Idun
A super responsive, hard chine sea kayak, great for playing along British coastlines
The Norse Idun is a hardchine kayak and is the smaller version of the popular Bylgia. Itís hard chine and shorter length gives you full control making it playful and easy to handle in rough conditions. The lightweight, V-shaped hull also helps it to track and maintain speed when touring.
- More info
- Features / Spec
The Norse Idun is a shorter, hardchine kayak which measures 15.11ft, making it easy to handle to and from the water. The shorter length makes this a very playful yet stable in rough water condition. It comes with a firm drop down skeg helping you to track much better on more demanding journeys. Its hull and sides are reinforced with Aramid increasing its durability, which helps it to withstand tougher conditions on the water, as well as being better protected against knocks and scrapes off the water.
With its four hatches the Norse Idun gives you plenty of storage for day trips out on the water. It has three bulk heads, two at the rear and one at the front. The small day hatch in front of you gives you handy little storage space that can easily be accessed when on the water. The Norse Idun has an adjustable backrest and adjustable footrests, helping you to achieve the best and most comfortable fit for paddling.
Overall the Norse Idun is a superb little sea kayak that is incredibly playful and responsive, yet maintains a good stable and tracking. This makes it an ideal kayak for our British waterways and the excellent paddling conditions our Jurassic coast lines have to offer.
This model is best suited for paddlers between 40kg - 80kg, larger paddlers should check out the Norse Bylgja.
- Deck Lines & Bungees
- Retractable Skeg System
- Deck Compass Recess
- V hull with gentle rocker, flatter bottomed mid section and hard chines.
- Two main hatches fore and aft with generous storage bulkheads
- Convenient small forward deck hatch - accessable whilst on the water
- Meduim sized rear deck hatch and third bulkhead also accessible while paddling
- Constructed From Vacuum Bagged Fibreglass Composite, reinforced with aramid along the keel & chines
- Length: 15'11 / 485 CM
- Width: 21.26 Inches / 54 CM
- Weight: 50.7LB / 23 KG
- Volume: 350 Litres
- Cockpit: 90cm x 46cm - R5 / Bigdeck for easy fit or R4 / Keyhole for tight fit
- Manufacturers Maximum Loading Weight: 180 KG
- Manufacturers Max Weight Capacity: 140kgOptimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Norse Idun for your weight
Nationwide delivery available for the Norse Idun. The price for delivery will be shown in the website basket prior to checkout. For full details on delivery please see: Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Stores Nationwide
Nationwide Click & Collect available for the Norse Idun. Collection for orders placed online can be made from any of our Canoe Shops UK Stores. For full details on our Click & Collect service, please see: Nationwide Click & Collect