Give us a call on 01202 625256 if you have any questions about the Norse Bylgja
A playful sea kayak with hard chines. Great for British waters.
The Norse Bylgja is a hardchine kayak that is best suited for medium to large paddlers that are looking for something playful and easy to handle in rough conditions but also tracks well when touring.
Price:£1,499.00 (RRP £1,699.00 - Saving £200.00)
Stock Arriving Spring/Summer 2020 - Pre-Order Now!
- More info
- Features / Spec
The Norse Bylgia has hardchines to allow the Bylgia to turn on a sixpence, making it playful yet stable in rough water conditions. It comes with a firm drop down skeg to increase its tracking capabilities in all conditions. Its chine and hull are reinforced with Aramid increasing its durability, which helps it to withstand tougher conditions on the water, as well as being better protected against knocks and scrapes off the water.
With its four hatches the Norse Bylgia gives you plenty of storage for those shorter day trips out, yet will still accommodate for extra gear if you want to paddle multiday expeditions. It has three bulk heads, two at the rear and one at the front. The small day hatch in front of you gives you handy little storage space that can easily be accessed when on the water. For comfort this kayak has an adjustable backrest and adjustable footrests.
Overall the Norse Bylgia is a superb playful sea kayak with great stability and fantastic straight line tracking. This makes it an ideal kayak for our British waterways and the excellent paddling conditions our Jurassic coastline has to offer.
The recommended paddler weight range is 60kg to 100kg. Smaller paddles should look at the Norse Idun.
- Deck Lines & Bungees
- Retractable Skeg System
- Deck Compass Recess
- V hull with gentle rocker, flatter bottomed mid section and hard chines.
- Two main hatches fore and aft with generous storage bulkheads
- Convenient small forward deck hatch - accessable whilst on the water
- Meduim sized rear deck hatch and third bulkhead also accessible while paddling
- Constructed From Vacuum Bagged Fibreglass Composite, reinforced with aramid along the keel & chines
- Length: 17 FT / 520 CM
- Width: 21.65 Inches / 55 CM
- Weight: 52.9LB / 24 KG
- Volume: 350 Litres
- Cockpit: 90cm x 46cm - R5 / Bigdeck for easy fit or R4 / Keyhole for tight fit
- Manufacturers Maximum Loading Weight: 180 KG
- Manufacturers Max Weight Capacity: 140kgOptimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Norse Bylgja for your weight
We offer a fast nationwide delivery service for the Norse Bylgja, the delivery price is shown in the shopping basket.
Unless instructed otherwise, we endeavour to supply the Norse Bylgja within 1-3 days to addresses within the UK mainland.
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Norse Bylgja online from our website and collect from our shop in Hamworthy, Poole or you can collect from any of our sister stores. There is no cost associated with instore collection.
Our other stores are:
- Southampton Canoes - Totton
- Cornwall Canoes - St. Columb Road, Nr Newquay
- Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, East Sussex
- Kayaks & Paddles Plymouth, Devon
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
0% Finance Now Available On This Product!
We can now offer 0% Finance on the Norse Bylgja (0% APR Representitive).
It has never been easier getting on the water. Simply use the Calculator below by selecting the finance option from the dropdown menu and adjusting the deposit amount. Once you are happy with the monthly payment amount click on the 'Launch Loan Application' button, which will direct you to our Finance Companies Application Portal to complete the online application (This usually takes around 4-5 Minutes to Complete). For more information on Finance available: View Full Finance Info.